See a Wisconsin field that has cover crops planted to help control soil erosion loss as well as improve soil structure and fertility. Jamie Patton, UW-Extension agriculture agent in Shawano County and Francisco Arriaga, state specialist from the UW–Madison Department of Soil Science discuss key benefits about four of the varieties of cover crops planted in the field.
Want to learn more?
- Cover Crops Case Studies: Gary Sommers Farm (CIAS003)
- Cover Crops Case Studies: JenEhr Family Farm (CIAS001)
- The Wisconsin Crop Manager blog is hosted on the UW Nutrient and Pest Management website at http://ipcm.wisc.edu
- University of Wisconsin Extension Cover Crop website is available at http://fyi.uwex.edu/covercrop/
- The University of Wisconsin Integrated Pest Management video channel has many more agriculture related educational videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/uwipm