Need to measure the depth of soil compaction in a field? Here is a quick demonstration of five different tools you can use. Francisco Arriaga, state specialist from the UW-Madison department of soil science, and Jamie Patton, UW-Extension agriculture agent in Shawano county, briefly describe how to use each tool.
Want to learn more?
- Soil Compaction: Causes, Concerns, and Cures (A3367)
- Management of Wisconsin Soils (A3588)
- The Wisconsin Crop Manager newsletter
- UW–Madison’s Integrated Pest and Crop Management YouTube channel
- UW-Extension Cover Crop website